28+ Inspiring Sayings On Suffragette | Free Hd Background Images Download
If you have ended up here searching for Suffragette quotes and images with valuable words of wisdom from famous people, then here they are. Here you can find the most famous sayings about Suffragette that are thoughtful. The people, whom these quotes came from also felt end experienced life like us and that’s why you will find similarities with your inner thoughts with them. Whether it’s a matter of happiness, or sorrow, a feeling of fulfillment, or grief, a story of success, or loss. Where we stand today, they have stood there already. Why are you making late? Feel free to read what renowned persons have to offer about reality as well as what they believe. Read the most positive quotes and images about Suffragette that are gathered here from real-life wisdom. From all over the internet, we have collected all these famous Suffragette quotes only for you.
No wonder you’re free to share from more than 28 quotes about Suffragette with images anytime anywhere. Dive into the pool of sayings about Suffragette with pictures, collected deep from the oceans of precious words. They come from the different phases of our life. Adding the most suitable pictures in the background, we have arranged all the necessary quotes about Suffragette here. Make your choice from this treasure of quote. If there is a good reason, then for you there are good quotes about Suffragette with pictures too. Facebook, Insta, Messenger, WhatsApp, or Twitter, whatever the social media is, you can share your favorite quotes image of Suffragette from here. Share these images with quotes about Suffragette with family, friends, mates, colleagues, and all your acquaintances. These images with Suffragette sayings are not just any normal text or speech, they are the best treasure.
Table of Contents
Great Quotes Pictures About Suffragette
1. “The world has never yet seen a truly great and virtuous nation because in the degradation of woman the very fountains of life are poisoned at their source.” – Lucretia Mott
2. “Every man with a vote was considered a foe to woman suffrage unless he was prepared to be actively a friend.” – Emmeline Pankhurst
3. “In the adjustment of the new order of things, we women demand an equal voice; we shall accept nothing less.” – Carrie Chapman Catt
4. “I’m not sure feminism should require an adjective. Believing in the full social, political, and economic quality of women, which is what the dictionary says â€œfeminismâ€ means, is enough to make a revolution in itself.” – Gloria Steinem
5. “The best protection any woman can have … is courage.” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
6. “I think, with never-ending gratitude, that the young women of today do not and can never know at what price their right to free speech and to speak at all in public has been earned.” – Lucy Burns
7. “The suffragettes realized the power of getting arrested and going to prison and harassing politicians and making a nuisance of themselves. It got them a lot of attention. What they never did was set out to endanger human life except for sacrificing themselves.” – Sarah Gavron
8. “Bah! Suffragettes. I’ve no time for suffragettes. They made the biggest mistake in history. They went for equality. They should have gone for power!” – Jennifer Worth
9. “We will have gone from men telling us condescendingly to not bother our pretty little heads about important things like politics, to not bothering our pretty little heads without even being told not to! The suffragettes struggled and suffered so much on our behalf; what a travesty of everything they stood for, if we simply look away as though we can’t be bothered.” – Marianne Williamson
10. “Trust in God: She will provide.” – Emmeline Pankhurst
Top Quotes Images On Suffragette
11. “The subjection of women, if there be such a thing, will not now depend on any creation of the law, not can it be remedied by any action of the law. It will never again be possible to blame the soveriegn state for any position of inequality. Women will have, with us, the fullest rights. The ground and justification for the old agitation is gone, and gone for ever.” – Stanley Baldwin
12. “If women want any rights more than they’s got, why don’t they just take them, and not be talking about it.” – Sojourner Truth
13. “I know that women, once convinced that they are doing what is right, that their rebellion is just, will go on, no matter what the difficulties, no matter what the dangers, so long as there is a woman alive to hold up the flag of rebellion.” – Emmeline Pankhurst
14. “There never will be complete equality until women themselves help to make laws and elect lawmakers.” – Susan B. Anthony
15. “Proof that they do not understand the republic is that in their fine promises for universal suffrage, they forgot women.” – Delphine de Girardin
16. “The rights we want:
We want to choose our husband
We want to own land
We want to go to school
We don’t want to be cut anymore
We want to make decisions
We want respect in politics, to be leaders
We want to be equal.” – Rebecca Lolosoli
17. “When a battle for suffrage is conducted, it should only be conducted according to socialist principles, and therefore with the demand of universal suffrage for women and men.” – Clara Zetkin
18. “If Congress refuses to listen to and grant what women ask, there is but one course left then to pursue. What is there left for women to do but to become the mothers of the future government?” – Victoria Claflin Woodhull
19. “Suffrage is a common right of citizenship. Women have the right of suffrage. Logically it cannot be escaped.” – Victoria Woodhull
20. “The suffragettes were all about speaking up, screaming for their rights. You can’t speak up for your right to be silent.” – Laurie Halse Anderson
21. “If it is true that men are better than women because they are stronger, why aren’t our sumo wrestlers in the government?” – Kishida Toshiko
22. “Male and female represent the two sides of the great radical dualism. But in fact they are perpetually passing into one another. Fluid hardens to solid, solid rushes to fluid. There is no wholly masculine man, no purely feminine womanâ€¦ Nature provides exceptions to every rule.” – Margaret Fuller
23. “What is life without liberty; and what is liberty without equality of rights?” – Ernestine L. Rose
24. “We have to free half of the human race, the women, so that they can help to free the other half.” – Emmeline Pankhurst
25. “To the wrongs that need resistance, To the right that needs assistance, To the future in the distance, Give yourselves.” – Carrie Chapman Catt
26. “Woman is learning for herself that not self-sacrifice, but self development, is her first duty in life; and this, not primarily for the sake of others but that she may become fully herself.” – Matilda Joslyn Gage
27. “It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union. … Men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less.” – Susan B. Anthony
28. “Trust me that as I ignore all law to help the slave, so will I ignore it all to protect an enslaved woman.” – Susan B. Anthony
29. “You must make women count as much as men; you must have an equal standard of morals; and the only way to enforce that is through giving women political power so that you can get that equal moral standard registered in the laws of the country. It is the only way.” – Emmeline Pankhurst
Hi there! I Am Shuvo Saha. I am a Musician. I play Bass. Besides that, I love to explore. As in, surf the web, gather knowledge, and share them. Recently, I have discovered that Blogging can be quite a useful way, to share.
Being a thoughtful person, and a social being, I find it very amusing to explore people's thoughts, observations, and experiences. Regardless of time, place, situation, event, or occasion, it is in our human nature, to learn and express. Many of these expressions of life, result in taking the form of wishes, quotes, greetings, messages, and captions.
I, with my lovely Wishian team, gather the expressions, sort them out, organize them with suitable background images, and serve them to you. So that you can share them back, with the whole world.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.