TOP 30 Wise Quotes On Slavery | Free Hd Wallpaper Pictures Download
If you have ended up here searching for Slavery quotes and images with valuable words of wisdom from famous people, then here they are. Here you can find the most famous sayings about Slavery that are thoughtful. The people, whom these quotes came from also felt end experienced life like us and that’s why you will find similarities with your inner thoughts with them. Whether it’s a matter of happiness, or sorrow, a feeling of fulfillment, or grief, a story of success, or loss. Where we stand today, they have stood there already. Why are you making late? Feel free to read what renowned persons have to offer about reality as well as what they believe. Read the most positive quotes and images about Slavery that are gathered here from real-life wisdom. From all over the internet, we have collected all these famous Slavery quotes only for you.
No wonder you’re free to share from the top 30 quotes about Slavery with images anytime anywhere. Dive into the pool of sayings about Slavery with pictures, collected deep from the oceans of precious words. They come from the different phases of our life. Adding the most suitable pictures in the background, we have arranged all the necessary quotes about Slavery here. Make your choice from this treasure of quote. If there is a good reason, then for you there are good quotes about Slavery with pictures too. Facebook, Insta, Messenger, WhatsApp, or Twitter, whatever the social media is, you can share your favorite quotes image of Slavery from here. Share these images with quotes about Slavery with family, friends, mates, colleagues, and all your acquaintances. These images with Slavery sayings are not just any normal text or speech, they are the best treasure.
Table of Contents
Favorite Quotes Pictures About Slavery
1. “Willingly no one chooses the yoke of slavery.” – Aeschylus
2. “Slavery is what slavery’s always been: About one person controlling another person using violence and then exploiting them economically, paying them nothing. That’s what slavery’s about.” – Kevin Bales
3. “Slavery is theft — theft of a life, theft of work, theft of any property or produce, theft even of the children a slave might have borne.” – Kevin Bales
4. “Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves” – Abraham Lincoln
5. “Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
6. “To be given dominion over another is a hard thing; to wrest dominion over another is a wrong thing; to give dominion of yourself to another is a wicked thing.” – Toni Morrison
7. “Slavery is so intolerable a condition that the slave can hardly escape deluding himself into thinking that he is choosing to obey his master’s commands when, in fact, he is obliged to. Most slaves of habit suffer from this delusion and so do some writers, enslaved by an all too personal style.” – W. H. Auden
8. “Men would rather be starving and free than fed in bonds.” – Pearl Buck
9. “Slavery is a weed that grows on every soil.” – Edmund Burke
10. “Slavery is founded in the selfishness of man’s nature – opposition to it, is his love of justice. These principles are an eternal antagonism; and when brought into collision so fiercely, as slavery extension brings them, shocks, and throes, and convulsions must ceaselessly follow.” – Abraham Lincoln
11. “Free labor has the inspiration of hope; pure slavery has no hope.” – Abraham Lincoln
12. “Slavery is founded in the selfishness of man’s nature – opposition to it, is his love of justice. These principles are an eternal antagonism; and when brought into collision so fiercely, as slavery extension brings them, shocks, and throes, and convulsions must ceaselessly follow.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “Captivity is the greatest of all evils that can befall one.” – Miguel de Cervantes
14. “Most people seek after what they do not possess and are enslaved by the very things they want to acquire.” – Anwar El-Sadat
15. “Slavery can only be abolished by raising the character of the people who compose the nation; and that can be done only by showing them a higher one.” – Maria Weston Chapman
16. “Some slaves are scoured to their work by whips, others by their restlessness and ambition.” – John Ruskin
17. “The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself, and because all his thoughts are of things which they devour.” – Bertrand Russell
18. “Some slaves are scoured to their work by whips, others by their restlessness and ambition.” – John Ruskin
19. “There is a kind of sluggish resignation, as well as poorness and degeneracy of spirit, in a state of slavery, that very few will recover themselves out of it.” – Joseph Addison
20. “Slavery is a state so improper, so degrading, and so ruinous to the feelings and capacities of human nature, that it ought not to be suffered to exist.” – Edmund Burke
Top Quotes Images On Slavery
21. “Death is natural to a man, but slavery unnatural; and the moment you strip a man of his liberty you strip him of all his virtues: you convert his heart into a dark hole, in which all the vices conspire against you.” – Edmund Burke
22. “I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.” – Frederick Douglass
23. “Better to starve free than be a fat slave.” – Aesop
24. “The moment the slave resolves that he will no longer be a slave, his fetters fall. Freedom and slavery are mental states.” – Mahatma Gandhi
25. “The good man, though a slave, is free; the wicked, though he reigns, is a slave, and not the slave of a single man, but what is worse the slave of as many masters as he has vices.” – Augustine of Hippo
26. “Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled bypassion.” – Giacomo Casanova
27. “No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck.” – Frederick Douglass
28. “There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his.” – Helen Keller
29. “The man who does not do his own thinking is a slave, and is a traitor to himself and his fellow men.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
30. “Mental slavery is mental death, and every man who has given up his intellectual freedom is the living coffin of his dead soul.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
Hi there! I Am Shuvo Saha. I am a Musician. I play Bass. Besides that, I love to explore. As in, surf the web, gather knowledge, and share them. Recently, I have discovered that Blogging can be quite a useful way, to share.
Being a thoughtful person, and a social being, I find it very amusing to explore people's thoughts, observations, and experiences. Regardless of time, place, situation, event, or occasion, it is in our human nature, to learn and express. Many of these expressions of life, result in taking the form of wishes, quotes, greetings, messages, and captions.
I, with my lovely Wishian team, gather the expressions, sort them out, organize them with suitable background images, and serve them to you. So that you can share them back, with the whole world.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.