TOP 20 Awesome Sayings On Puritan | Free Hd Background Images Download
The best collection of Puritan quotes and images with valuable words of wisdom from famous people. Here you can find the most famous sayings about Puritan that are thoughtful. These quotes have come from the people like us who had experienced and felt the same as we do. Sometimes in life, some moments and feelings are so special that they cannot be described in simple words. Where we stand today, they have stood there already. So, what are you thinking? You will see that the thoughts and feelings of famous people are not any different from ours. The truest, wisest, and most positive quotes and images about Puritan that you can find to scroll through. These Puritan sayings are gathered here from all over the web so that they can serve your purpose.
See which one you prefer most from the top 20 quotes about Puritan with images and get going. We are inviting you to check out the best Puritan quotes with images we made. In the various phases of our life, these quotes were found. We collected these beautiful images with quotes about Puritan for you because we understand the value of your thoughts and feeling. Choose the most suitable quote for you from here. You don’t need our permission to share these beautiful pictures with Puritan quotes. For pictures on Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, anywhere, you can use any of these Puritan quotes you like. Share these images with quotes about Puritan with family, friends, mates, colleagues, and all your acquaintances. These images with Puritan sayings are not just any normal text or speech, they are the best treasure.
Table of Contents
Notable Quotes Images About Puritan
1. “What the Puritans gave the world was not thought, but action.” – Wendell Phillips
2. “The Puritan sours his pleasures by disguising them as duties.” – Mason Cooley
3. “A puritan is a person who pours righteous indignation into the wrong things.” – G. K. Chesterton
4. “A puritan is such a one as loves God with all his soul, but hates his neighbor with all his heart.” – Adam Nicolson
5. “The Puritan’s idea of hell is a place where everybody has to mind his own business.” – Wendell Phillips
6. “The Puritan has passed; the Catholic remains.” – William Henry O’Connell
7. “To the Puritan all things are impure, as somebody says.” – D. H. Lawrence
8. “In Puritan thinking, the Christian life was a heroic venture, requiring a full quota of energy.” – Leland Ryken
9. “Puritans will never believe it, but life is full of disagreeable things that aren’t even good for you.” – Mignon McLaughlin
10. “The objection to Puritans is not that they try to make us think as they do, but that they try to make us do as they think.” – H. L. Mencken
Best Sayings Images About Puritan
11. “The Puritans’ sense of priorities in life was one of their greatest strengths. Putting God first and valuing everything else in relation to God was a recurrent Puritan theme.” – Leland Ryken
12. “No group of people has been more unjustly maligned in the twentieth century than the Puritans. As a result, we approach the Puritans with an enormous baggage of culturally ingrained prejudice.” – Leland Ryken
13. “It never frightened a Puritan when you bade him stand still and listen to the speech of God. His closet and his church were full of the reverberations of the awful, gracious, beautiful voice for which he listened.” – Phillips Brooks
14. “The Puritan ethic of marriage was first to look not for a partner whom you do love passionately at this moment but rather for one whom you can love steadily as your best friend for life, then to proceed with God’s help to do just that.” – J.I. Packer
15. “The puritan through life’s sweet garden goes to pluck the thorn and cast away the rose.” – Kenneth Hare
16. “The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators.” – Thomas B. Macaulay
17. “For the Puritans, the God-centered life meant making the quest for spiritual and moral holiness the great business of life.” – Leland Ryken
18. “Only Puritans think of the Devil as the most fascinating figure in the universe.” – Heywood Broun
19. “A Puritan is someone who is desperately afraid that, somewhere, someone might be having a good time.” – H. L. Mencken
20. “We think the Puritans always dressed in black and white, which they didn’t. They loved very bright colors. And there were other differences in perceptions that gave one a very different view of them.” – Carlisle Floyd
Hi there! I Am Shuvo Saha. I am a Musician. I play Bass. Besides that, I love to explore. As in, surf the web, gather knowledge, and share them. Recently, I have discovered that Blogging can be quite a useful way, to share.
Being a thoughtful person, and a social being, I find it very amusing to explore people's thoughts, observations, and experiences. Regardless of time, place, situation, event, or occasion, it is in our human nature, to learn and express. Many of these expressions of life, result in taking the form of wishes, quotes, greetings, messages, and captions.
I, with my lovely Wishian team, gather the expressions, sort them out, organize them with suitable background images, and serve them to you. So that you can share them back, with the whole world.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.