80+ Inspirational Sayings On Humility | Free Hd Wallpaper Pictures Download
If you are looking for Humility quotes with images, then you are at the right place. These sayings about Humility are famous, thoughtful, and popular. In different places, you will see them being used and these thoughts came from the people who also would love to think like us. You may realize how deep they are, as these precious words come from people who had faced situations the same as we did. Where we stand today, they have stood there already. So, why hesitate anymore? Go ahead and read the thoughts of people who share the same feeling. You are scrolling through the most positive quotes and images about Humility that are wise and true to life. We have collected these Humility sayings from all over the internet only for you.
Here you will find more than 80 quotes about Humility with images free and ready to share on the go. We are inviting you to check out the best Humility quotes with images we made. They were found from the various stages of our life. Almost all the needful Humility quotes have been gathered here including the most suitable images in the background. You are permitted to share your favorite quote from here whatever you want. These Humility quotes with appropriate images are completely free to share. You can freely post these Humility quote images on WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social networking platform. Choose from the perfect Humility quotes with images, download them and share with your desired people. We have created this Humility quotes images gallery only for you.
17. “People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.” – George Herbert
18. “Self conceit may lead to self destruction.” – Aesop
19. “Self praise is no recommendation.” – Romanian (on flattery and praise)
20. “Silence is golden.” – unknown
Inspirational Sayings Pictures About Humility
21. “Silence is the hardest argument to refute.” – unknown
22. “Tell me what you are conceited about, and I’ll tell you what you lack.” – Argentinian saying, thanks to Diego Paternostro for the translation.
23. “Your own rags are better than another’s gown.” – Hausa (West African)(on self-reliance)
24. “There is no respect for others without humility in one’s self.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
25. “It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels.” – Saint Augustine
26. “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – Rick Warren
27. “It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.” – Mahatma Gandhi
28. “Who is more humble? The scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us, or somebody who says everything in this book must be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of all the human beings involved?” – Carl Sagan
29. “Stay hungry, stay young, stay foolish, stay curious, and above all, stay humble because just when you think you got all the answers, is the moment when some bitter twist of fate in the universe will remind you that you very much don’t.” – Tom Hiddleston
30. “He who sacrifices a whole offering shall be rewarded for a whole offering; he who offers a burnt-offering shall have the reward of a burnt-offering; but he who offers humility to God and man shall be rewarded with a reward as if he had offered all the sacrifices in the world.” – The Talmud
Wise Quotes Pictures On Humility
31. “True humility is not an abject, groveling, self-despising spirit; it is but a right estimate of ourselves as God sees us.” – Tryon Edwards
32. “If thou desire the love of God and man, be humble; for the proud heart, as it loves none but itself, so it is believed of none but by itself; the voice of humility is God’s music, and the silence of humility is God’s rhetoric. Humility enforces where neither virtue nor strength can prevail nor reason.” – Francis Quarles
33. “Humility does not mean thinking less of yourself than of other people, nor does it mean having a low opinion of your own gifts. It means freedom from thinking about yourself at all.” – William Temple
34. “We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.” – Rabindranath Tagore
35. “Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.” – Thomas Merton
36. “Humility is throwing oneself away in complete concentration on something or someone else.” – Madeleine L’Engle
37. “Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.” – Saint Augustine
38. “Humility is freedom from your own driven ego.” – Martha Kilpatrick
39. “Don’t imagine that if you meet a really humble man he will be what most people call ‘humble’ nowadays: he won’t be a sort of greasy, smarmy person, who’s always telling you that, of course, he’s nobody. Probably all you’ll think about him is that he seemed a cheerful, intelligent chap who took a real interest in what you said to him. If you do dislike him, it will be because you feel a bit envious of anyone who seems to enjoy life so easily. He won’t be thinking about himself at all. If anyone would like to acquire humility, I can, I think, tell him the first step. The first step is to realize that one is proud. And a biggish step, too. At least, nothing whatever can be done before it. If you think you’re not conceited, it means you are very conceited indeed.” – C.S. Lewis
40. “Selflessness is humility. Humility and freedom go hand in hand. Only a humble person can be free.” – Jeff Wilson
Inspiring Sayings Images On Humility
41. “The first test of a truly great man is his humility. By humility I don’t mean doubt of his powers or hesitation in speaking his opinion, but merely an understanding of the relationship of what he can say and what he can do.” – John Ruskin
42. “A vulgar mind is proud in prosperity and humble in adversity. A noble mind is humble in prosperity and proud in adversity.” – Ruckett
43. “Humility is no substitute for a good personality.” – Fran Lebowitz
44. “When we become aware of our humility, we’ve lost it.” – Anonymous
45. “Those who are believed to be most abject and humble are usually most ambitious and envious.” – Baruch Spinoza
46. “Pride juggles with her toppling towers, They strike the sun and cease. But the firm feet of humility, They grip the ground like trees.” – G.K. Chesterton
47. “Humility is often merely feigned submissiveness assumed in order to subject others, an artifice of pride which stoops to conquer, and although pride has a thousand ways of transforming itself it is never so well disguised and able to take people in as when masquerading as humility.” – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
48. “Humility provides everyone, even him who despairs in solitude, with the strongest relationship to his fellow man, and this immediately, though, of course, only in the case of complete and permanent humility.” – Franz Kafka
49. “When stepped on, the worm curls up. That is a clever thing to do. Thus it reduces its chances of being stepped on again. In the language of morality: humility.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
50. “Humility, like the darkness, reveals the heavenly lights.” – Henry David Thoreau
Inspiring Quotes Pictures On Humility
51. “Humility is the most difficult of all virtues to achieve; nothing dies harder than the desire to think well of self.” – T.S. Eliot
Hi there! I Am Shuvo Saha. I am a Musician. I play Bass. Besides that, I love to explore. As in, surf the web, gather knowledge, and share them. Recently, I have discovered that Blogging can be quite a useful way, to share.
Being a thoughtful person, and a social being, I find it very amusing to explore people's thoughts, observations, and experiences. Regardless of time, place, situation, event, or occasion, it is in our human nature, to learn and express. Many of these expressions of life, result in taking the form of wishes, quotes, greetings, messages, and captions.
I, with my lovely Wishian team, gather the expressions, sort them out, organize them with suitable background images, and serve them to you. So that you can share them back, with the whole world.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.