TOP 30 Deep Sayings About Homophobia | Free Hd Background Pictures Download
If we are not wrong, then you must have come here to find the best Homophobia quotes which were written by various famous people with their precious words and wisdom. You may have heard these renowned quotes about Homophobia before. In different places, you will see them being used and these thoughts came from the people who also would love to think like us. They came up with these precious words from their own feeling and life story, and sometimes they are exactly like our life stories. Where we stand today, they have stood there already. So why waste your precious time wandering around? Feel free to read what renowned persons have to offer about reality as well as what they believe. In front of you is the collection of quotes and images about Homophobia that comes from truth, wisdom, and positivity. All these Homophobia sayings have been collected only for you from all over the internet.
Find out which one is perfect for you from the top 30 quotes about Homophobia with images. Explore through the best picture quotes about Homophobia. Share your thoughts and feelings with the ones you care for, and the ones who care for you. You will find your desired quotes about Homophobia here because we piled them up together with the worthiest background images. All the quotes are here, pick your desired one. Without any hesitation, you can share any of these thoughtful pictures with quotes about Homophobia. You are always welcome to use these Homophobia quotes for pictures on Fb, Insta, WhatsApp, Messenger, Twitter, wherever you like. Share the picture of that Homophobia quote that represents your inner thought. For you only, all the Homophobia quotes images have been created that you are going to explore now.
Table of Contents
Deep Quotes Images About Homophobia
1. “In the same way that racists avoid using words like ‘racist’ to describe themselves, in favor of wrapping their hatred in terms like ‘white pride’ in order to make the same thing seem less reprehensible than itself.” – Christina Engela
2. “Being gay is not a mental illness — but homophobia directed at gay people can cause psychological harm to the gay person. It is therefore not the gay person who needs psychiatric intervention from being gay — it is homophobes who need help in dealing with their bigotry and prejudices.” – Christina Engela
3. “Homophobia is very, very difficult to root out, to extricate. That’s why we have to bear witness. That’s why we have to be so public about it, and that’s why we can’t just play footsie with it.” – Cornel West
4. “Homophobia is the ignorant and arrogant assumption that copulation and reproduction is all there is to a relationship.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
5. “Homophobia’s just one form of abjection, and wherever you have a marker of deviance – skin colour, gender, gender identity, disability – you get the same mechanisms of prejudice.” – Hal Duncan
6. “Homophobia: the fear that another man will treat you like you treat women.” – Andrew Sullivan
7. “Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood.” – Coretta Scott King
8. “A huge part of what animates homophobia among young people is paranoia and fear of their own capacity to be gay themselves.” – Dan Savage
9. “There are more scriptural reasons to oppose homophobia than to oppose homosexuality.” – John B. Cobb
10. “Homophobia whether internalized or externalized is really fear; it’s not hatred, it’s fear. It’s fear of the truth about ourselves.” – Andrew Sullivan
11. “No matter how quietly homophobia is whispered, it doesn’t make it any less loud. You can’t whisper hate.” – Leisha Hailey
12. “The roots of homophobia are fear. Fear and more fear.” – George Weinberg
13. “Homophobia is manufactured in high schools, so its probably useful to keep in mind that it really does bother people.” – Zak Orth
14. “When one is a Native lesbian, the desire to connect all becomes an urgent longing. Faced with homophobia from our own communities, faced with racism and homophobia from the outsiders who hold semblances of power over us, we feel that desire to connect in a primal way.” – Beth Brant
15. “We need political power to protect and defend ourselves to eradicate homophobia. This answer may strike some as paranoid or simplistic; but the necessity of a movement that can defend queer people is urgent.” – Urvashi Vaid
16. “We agree that there is rampant misogyny, but misogynists are nowhere to be found; homophobia is a problem but no one is homophobic.” – Teju Cole
17. “If you want to know if racism is a problem in your country, you might not want to ask white people.” – Tim Wise
18. “Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood.” – Corretta Scott KIng
19. “Who is more courageous? The macho gay-basher who roars their hatred or the gay or trans person who faces threats of violence and harm on a daily basis, and carries on being honest about who they are regardless?” – Christina Engela
20. “The specifics and dimensions of familial homophobia are broad and vast. They can range from short-sighted slights to varying degrees of exclusion to brutal attacks that distort the gay person’s life to direct and indirect cruelties that literally end that person’s existence.” – Sarah Schulman
Revolutionary Quotes Images On Homophobia
21. “Shunning is the most common form of homophobia and the easiest to carry out.” – Sarah Schulman
22. “Homophobia is not the fault of gay people. Homophobia is not caused by gay people.” – Sarah Schulman
23. “Homophobia is a pathological manifestation of heterosexual culture.” – Sarah Schulman
24. “Homophobia is now popularly construed to mean fear and dislike of homosexuality and of those who practice it.” – Byrne Fone
25. “Just as homophobia exists between non-homosexual and homosexual people, so it can exist between gay men and lesbians, both as sexism and as incomprehension or dislike of another kind of sexuality.” – Byrne Fone
26. “Antipathy to them— and condemnation, loathing, fear, and proscription of homosexual behavior— is what we call homophobia.” – Byrne Fone
27. “The whole world goes on and on about love. Poets spend their lives writing about it. Everyone thinks it’s the most wonderful thing. But, when you mention two guys in love, they forget all that and freak out.” – Mark A. Roeder
28. “Marriage should be between a spouse and a spouse, not a gender and a gender.” – Hendrik Hertzberg
29. “This is why homophobia is a terrible evil: it disguises itself as concern while it is inherently hate.” – Tyler Oakley
30. “Man cannot be homophobic without having concerned himself with another’s sex life.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
Hi there! I Am Shuvo Saha. I am a Musician. I play Bass. Besides that, I love to explore. As in, surf the web, gather knowledge, and share them. Recently, I have discovered that Blogging can be quite a useful way, to share.
Being a thoughtful person, and a social being, I find it very amusing to explore people's thoughts, observations, and experiences. Regardless of time, place, situation, event, or occasion, it is in our human nature, to learn and express. Many of these expressions of life, result in taking the form of wishes, quotes, greetings, messages, and captions.
I, with my lovely Wishian team, gather the expressions, sort them out, organize them with suitable background images, and serve them to you. So that you can share them back, with the whole world.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.