70+ Knowledgeable Quotes On Fishing | Free Hd Wallpaper Images Download
Today we are going to share with you some thoughtful sayings and quotes about Fishing that you are looking for. Check out if you find these famous sayings about Fishing familiar. You may find them reflexing your own thought because these quotes came from the people like us and they used to think like us too. You may realize how deep they are, as these precious words come from people who had faced situations the same as we did. They have seen life from the same perspective as we have. So, what are you thinking? Discover the views of a person who feels the same way we do. You can find here the most positive quotes and images about Fishing that are also found to be the truest and wisest. Being picked out from all over the internet, this collection of Fishing sayings is here only to serve you.
We have carefully chosen more than 70 quotes about Fishing with images and gathered them here for you. Let’s look at these images which carry the best Fishing quotes. They represent the inner thoughts that we feel in the different phases of our life. Adding the most suitable pictures in the background, we have arranged all the necessary quotes about Fishing here. Choose whatever quote you want to. These Fishing quotes with appropriate images are completely free to share. You are always welcome to use these Fishing quotes for pictures on Fb, Insta, WhatsApp, Messenger, Twitter, wherever you like. Choose from the perfect Fishing quotes with images, download them and share with your desired people. Go on and share that you care, with these precious Fishing quotes images and be a hero.
Table of Contents
Knowledgeable Quotes Images On Fishing
1. “The fun of fishing is catching ’em, not killing ’em.” – Norman Schwarzkopf
2. “If your concentration is getting bad, take up bass fishing. It will really improve your ability to focus. If you aren’t ready when that fish hits, you can’t set the hook.” – Lee Trevino
3. “Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.__” – Paul Schullery
4. “Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.__” – Henry David Thoreau
5. “Most of the world is covered by water. A fisherman’s job is simple: Pick out the best parts.” – Charles Waterman
6. “My Biggest worry is that when I’m dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.” – Koos Brandt
7. “I fish because I love to . . . because I love the environs where trout are found . . . because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I for one don’t want to waste the trip . . . and, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant and not nearly so much fun.” – Robert Traver
8. “Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God.” – Tony Blake
9. “I went fishing, and I caught a minnow. If you think that’s tiny, you should see the bait I was using. What micro fish could resist my love?” – Jarod Kintz
10. “Don’t worry, he said, that grandfatherly smile spreading across his face once more, ‘I’ve been fishing for over forty years._ You’ve got plenty of time to catch up, maybe even pass what I’ve done._ You’re a perspicacious piscatorial pursuer, and I’m sure you’ll catch the big ones.'” – S. Bradley Stoner
Short Quotes Images About Fishing
11. “There are two types of fisherman – those who fish for sport and those who fish for fish.” – unknown
12. “There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.” – Washington Irving
13. “I love fishing._ You put that line in the water and you don’t know what’s on the other end._ Your imagination is under there._” – Robert Altman
14. “The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.” – John Buchan
15. “Fishing is much more than fish._ It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.” – Herbert Hoover
16. “Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught._” – unknown
17. “Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
18. “If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.” – Zane Grey
19. “There are always new places to go fishing. For any fisherman, there’s always a new place, always a new horizon.” – Jack Nicklaus
20. “Fishing provides that connection with the whole living world. It gives you the opportunity of being totally immersed, turning back into yourself in a good way. A form of meditation, some form of communion with levels of yourself that are deeper than the ordinary self.” – Ted Hughes
Favorite Quotes Images On Fishing
21. “Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.” – unknown
22. “Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers._ Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher’s salary.” – Patrick McManus
23. “I’ve gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water.” – William Tapply
24. “In every species of fish I’ve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory._ So I say it is good to lose fish._ If we didn’t, much of the thrill of angling would be gone.” – Ray Bergman
25. “A trout is a moment of beauty known only to those who seek it.” – Arnold Gingrich
26. “One thing becomes clearer as one gets older and one’s fishing experience increases, and that is the paramount importance of one’s fishing companions.” – John Ashley-Cooper
27. “The great charm of fly-fishing is that we are always learning.” – Theodore Gordon
28. “Most fishermen swiftly learn that it’s a pretty good rule never to show a favorite spot to any fisherman you wouldn’t trust with your wife” – John Voelker
29. “More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done.” – Charles F. Orvis
30. “Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it…” – Harry Middleton
Inspirational Quotes Images On Fishing
31. “In the best stories about fly fishing … big fish are caught or lost; people say wild and spontaneous words; event becomes memory and sometimes, in the hands of a master, bleeds into art.” – Nick Lyons
32. “There will be days when the fishing is better than one’s most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.” – Roderick Haig-Brown
33. “A fishing rod is a stick with a hook at one end and a fool at the other.” – Samuel Johnson
34. “The agony and the ecstasy is a six-year-old boy trying to go to sleep, knowing he’s going fishing in the morning.” – Frank P. Baron
35. “Opportunity is ever worth expecting; let our hood be ever hanging ready. The fish will be in the pool where you least imagine it to be.” – Ovid
36. “Quite possibly this is the key to fishing: the ability to see glamour in whatever species one may fish for.” – Harold F. Blaisdell
37. “Those who fish get to know and understand a river in a way few others can.” – W.D. Wetherell
38. “All earth is full of happy things when the angler goes a-trolling!” – Thomas Tod Stoddart
39. “Perhaps all you can say is that there are great lapses or discrepancies in time; that and the simple if inexplicable fact that some people have fishing in their hearts.” – Russell Chatham
40. “Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.” – Jimmy Cannon
Knowledgeable Quotes Images About Fishing
41. “The wildness and adventure that are in fishing still recommend it to me.” – Henry David Thoreau
42. “Fishing is marvelous… there is the irresistible urge to tangle with the mysterious and unknown, to rely on intuition and hunches.” – Katharine Weber
43. “A boy and his dad on a fishing trip— / there is a glorious fellowship!” – Edgar A. Guest
44. “There is nothing like the thrill of expectation over the first cast in unfamiliar waters. Fishing is like gambling, in that failure only excites hope of a fortunate throw next time.” – Charles Dudley Warner
45. “If you ever wondered why fishing is probably the most popular sport in this country, watch that boy beside the brook and you will learn. If you are really perceptive you will. For he already knows that fishing is only one part fish.” – Hal Borland
46. “The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.” – Vincent Van Gogh
47. “When we fish, we are awake. We are attuned to the environment, to the world, to the reverence and wonder of life.” – Dan Baughman
48. “Fishing is fundamentally a game of chance, and at heart we are all gamblers.” – Dorothy Noyes Arms
49. “Ours is the grandest sport. It is an intriguing battle of wits between an angler and a trout; and in addition to appreciating the tradition and grace of the game, we play it in the magnificent out-of-doors.” – Ernest G. Schwiebert Jr.
50. “He catches the best fish who angles with a golden hook.” – Roman Proverb
Wise Quotes Pictures On Fishing
51. “He who wants to catch fish must not mind getting wet.” – Spanish Proverb
52. “No fishing like fishing in the sea.” – French Proverb
53. “The fishing is good in troubled waters.” – German Proverb
54. “I love fishing. It’s like transcendental meditation with a punch-line.” – Billy Connolly
55. “If fishing is a religion, fly fishing is high church.” – Tom Brokaw
56. “Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness but, happily, for the once-bitten there is no cure.” – Lord Home
57. “It is to be observed that ‘angling’ is the name given to fishing by people who can’t fish.” – Stephen Leacock
58. “It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.” – John Steinbeck
59. “Fly fishing is to fishing as ballet is to walking.” – Howell Raines
60. “I still don’t know why I fish or why other men fish, except that we like it and it makes us think and feel.” – Roderick L. Haig-Brown
Valuable Sayings Images About Fishing
61. “You will search far to find a fisherman to admit that a taste for fishing, like a taste for liquor, must be governed lest it come to possess its possessor.” – Sparse Grey Hackle
62. “Enjoy thy stream, O harmless fish; / And when an angler for his dish, / Through gluttony’s vile sin, / Attempts, the wretch, to pull thee out, / God give thee strength, O gentle trout, / To pull the rascal in!” – John Wolcot
63. “If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” – Doug Larson
64. “There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” – Steven Wright
65. “If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business.” – Sparse Grey Hackle
66. “It doesn’t matter if the rod is or isn’t bent. Time spent fishing is time well spent.” – Justin Morgan
67. “I got 99 problems and fishin’ solves all of ’em.” – Earl Dibbles Jr.
68. “There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm.” – Patrick F. McManus
69. “Woke up this morning / Wanting to cry / Then I remember / Yes I know why / She’s a real good one for having her cake / I’m gonna go fishing or jump in the lake / Yeah, I’m gonna go fishing / That’s what I’ll do / Think about nothing / Not even you / Catch a real big one, a big speckled trout / Snapping in the water I’ll pull him on out” – Lee Ellington
70. “There’s a piping wind from a sunrise shore / Blowing over a silver sea, / There’s a joyous voice in the lapsing tide / That calls enticingly; / The mist of dawn has taken flight / To the dim horizon’s bound, / And with wide sails set and eager / hearts / We’re off to the fishing ground.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
71. “I’m going fishing / Where the catfish bite / I’m going fishing / We can stay all night / I’m going fishing / And I ain’t coming back.” – James Reyne
Hi there! I Am Shuvo Saha. I am a Musician. I play Bass. Besides that, I love to explore. As in, surf the web, gather knowledge, and share them. Recently, I have discovered that Blogging can be quite a useful way, to share.
Being a thoughtful person, and a social being, I find it very amusing to explore people's thoughts, observations, and experiences. Regardless of time, place, situation, event, or occasion, it is in our human nature, to learn and express. Many of these expressions of life, result in taking the form of wishes, quotes, greetings, messages, and captions.
I, with my lovely Wishian team, gather the expressions, sort them out, organize them with suitable background images, and serve them to you. So that you can share them back, with the whole world.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.