81+ Revolutionary Quotes On Envy | Free Hd Wallpaper Images Download
Today we are going to share with you some thoughtful sayings and quotes about Envy that you are looking for. These popular Envy quotes may have been read by you. They are being used in many places and came from the thoughts of people who also love to think like us. Whether it’s a matter of happiness, or sorrow, a feeling of fulfillment, or grief, a story of success, or loss. The way we see our life consists of the same point of view. So why waste your precious time wandering around? Go ahead and read the thoughts of people who share the same feeling. Here you can scroll and find all the positive quotes and images about Envy full of truth and wisdom. These popular quotes about Envy have been picked out for you from hundreds of sayings all over the internet.
See which one you prefer most from more than 81 quotes about Envy with images and get going. At this point, you are cordially invited to check out these best Envy quotes with suitable pictures. Let them know that you care and their wellbeing matters to you. We have chosen and organized a selection of wonderful images with Envy quotes just for you. Choose whatever you are looking for. We proudly bring to you this remarkable collection of pictures with quotes about Envy. You are also permitted to share these images of Envy quotes on any kind of social media platforms like Fb, Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or Instagram. Download the Envy quotes with pictures that you think are perfect for you and share them wherever you want. Below, all images of Envy quotes you are going to see are made only for you.
Table of Contents
Deep Quotes Pictures About Envy
1. “Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.” – Franois de la Rochefoucauld
2. “The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause.” – Baltasar Gracin
3. “It is never wise to seek or wish for another’s misfortune. If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang.” – Charley Reese
4. “Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own.” – Harold Coffin
5. “Envy is thin because it bites but never eats.” – Spanish Proverb
6. “Envy, if surrounded on all sides by the brightness of another’s prosperity, like the scorpion confined within a circle of fire, will sting itself to death.” – Charles Caleb Colton
7. “Envy is the coward side of Hate, And all her ways are bleak and desolate.” – Henry Abbey
8. “Envy is a gun with a faulty breech-lock which flares back and burns the gunner.” – Austin O’Malley
9. “Envy is a littleness of soul, which cannot see beyond a certain point, and if it does not occupy the whole space, feels itself excluded.” – William Hazlitt
10. “Take heed you harbour not that vice call’d Envy, lest another’s happiness be your torment, and God’s blessing become your curse.” – Wellins Calcott
Top Quotes Pictures On Envy
11. “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.” – Buddha
12. “It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered.” – Aeschylus
13. “A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.” – Proverbs 14:30
14. “Our envy of others devours us most of all.” – Alexander Solzhenitsyn
15. “Envy comes from people’s ignorance of, or lack of belief in, their own gifts.” – Jean Vanier
16. “Rust consumes iron and envy consumes itself.” – Danish Proverb
17. “Envy is the tax which all distinction must pay.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “Nothing sharpens sight like envy.” – Thomas Fuller
19. “Men are so constituted that every one undertakes what he sees another successful in, whether he has aptitude for it or not.” – Johann Von Goethe
20. “Envy among other ingredients has a mixture of the love of justice in it. We are more angry at undeserved than at deserved good-fortune.” – William Hazlitt
Great Quotes Pictures About Envy
21. “The envious person grows lean with the fatness of their neighbor.” – Socrates
22. “Oh, what a bitter thing it is to look into happiness through another man’s eyes.” – William Shakespeare
23. “Envy is more irreconcilable than hatred.” – Franois de la Rochefoucauld
24. “Envy feeds on the living, after death it rests, then the honor of a man protects him.” – Ovid
25. “Fools may our scorn, not envy, raise. For envy is a kind of praise.” – John Gay
26. “Envy is a symptom of lack of appreciation of our own uniqueness and self worth. Each of us has something to give that no one else has.” – unknown
27. “Envy shoots at others and wounds itself.” – English Proverb
28. “Keep yourselves far from envy; it eateth up and taketh away good actions, like as fire eateth up and burneth wood.” – Muhammad
29. “Envy is ever joined with the comparing of a man’s self; and where there is no comparison, no envy.” – Francis Bacon
30. “Envy is like a fly that passes all the body’s sounder parts, and dwells upon the sores” – Arthur Chapman
Legendary Quotes Pictures About Envy
31. “All envy is proportionate to desire; we are uneasy at the attainments of another, according as we think our own happiness would be advanced by the addition of that which he withholds from us.” – Samuel Johnson
32. “No one can have all he wants, but a man can refrain from wanting what he has not, and cheerfully make the best of a bird in the hand.” – Seneca
33. “For one man who sincerely pities our misfortunes, there are a thousand who sincerely hate our success.” – Charles Caleb Colton
34. “The envious speak from the heart about morality; they are consumed by hunger and begrudging. They tolerate, when no one else listens; and with the spur of spite, they applaud another’s prosperity.” – Charles Aldridge
62. “Whoever has freed himself from envy and bitterness may begin to try to see things as they are.” – John Lancaster Spalding
63. “A show of envy is an insult to oneself.” – Yevgeny Yevtushenko
64. “Envy is but the smoke of low estate, ascending still against the fortunate.” – Brooke
65. “No crime is so great to envy as daring to excel.” – Churchill
66. “We are often vain of even the most criminal of our passions, but envy is so shameful a passion that we never dare to acknowledge it.” – Rochefoucauld
67. “Envy ought to have no place allowed it in the heart of man; for the goods of this present world are so vile and low that they are beneath it, and those of the future world is so vast and exalted that they are above it.” – Colton
68. “If envy, like anger, did not burn itself in its own fire and consume and destroy those persons it possesses before it can destroy those it wishes worst to, it would set the whole world on fire, and leave the most excellent persons the most miserable.” – Clarendon
69. “Envy makes us see what will serve to accuse others, and not perceive what may justify them.” – Bp Wilson
70. “Envy and hatred try to pierce our neighbor with a sword. But the blade cannot reach him unless it first passes through our own body.” – St. Augustine of Hippo
Valuable Quotes Images About Envy
71. “Envy is a denial of providence.” – Stephen Charnock
72. “If envy was not such a tearing thing to feel, it would be the most comic of sins. It is usually, if not always, based on a complete misunderstanding of another person’s situation.” – Monica Furlong
73. “Envy takes the joy, happiness, and contentment out of living.” – William Franklin
74. “Envy of another man’s calling can work havoc on our own.” – Watchman Nee
75. “Envy is sin, and it punisheth itself like gluttony; for it fretteth the heart, shorteneth the life, and eateth the flesh.” – Henry Smith
76. “As iron is eaten by rust, so are the envious consumed by envy.” – Antisthenes
77. “Envy is the basis of democracy.” – Bertrand Russell
78. “That envy is universal is best proved by the fact that it breaks out among the mad themselves in their brief intervals of lucidity.” – E.M. Cioran
79. “There is envy and jealousy sufficient in the world to seek to lessen a character however beneficial to the country or useful to the state.” – Abigail Adams
80. “Envy always implies conscious inferiority wherever it resides.” – Pliny the Elder
81. “Spite of his many successes, / Men loved him the same; / My one pale ray of good fortune / Met scoffing and blame. / When we erred, they gave him pity, / But me — only shame.” – Adelaide Anne Procter
82. “Envy is a curse with the darkest shadow / Its yearning left unsettled in a greenish cast / Jealousy its evil twin beyond veracity purview / Coveting the burning torches —of all darkness past.” – Kurt Philip Behm
Hi there! I Am Shuvo Saha. I am a Musician. I play Bass. Besides that, I love to explore. As in, surf the web, gather knowledge, and share them. Recently, I have discovered that Blogging can be quite a useful way, to share.
Being a thoughtful person, and a social being, I find it very amusing to explore people's thoughts, observations, and experiences. Regardless of time, place, situation, event, or occasion, it is in our human nature, to learn and express. Many of these expressions of life, result in taking the form of wishes, quotes, greetings, messages, and captions.
I, with my lovely Wishian team, gather the expressions, sort them out, organize them with suitable background images, and serve them to you. So that you can share them back, with the whole world.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.