63+ Top Sayings About Domestic Violence | Free Hd Background Pictures Download
Here we have got some famous Domestic Violence quotes and images with precious and wise words from different famous people that you need to know. Check out if you find these famous sayings about Domestic Violence familiar. You may find them reflexing your own thought because these quotes came from the people like us and they used to think like us too. Probably the reason behind the similarity with our thoughts with their deep words, they also went through and observed the same situations as us. They have observed their life from the viewpoint we have. So, why hesitate anymore? Feel free to read out what famous people think and how they feel about life. You can find here the most positive quotes and images about Domestic Violence that are also found to be the truest and wisest. We have picked out these best Domestic Violence sayings from the internet for you.
Get your perfect match out of more than 63 quotes about Domestic Violence with images and make your life better. At this point, you are cordially invited to check out these best Domestic Violence quotes with suitable pictures. They were found from the various stages of our life. Adding the most suitable pictures in the background, we have arranged all the necessary quotes about Domestic Violence here. Choose whatever quote you want to. You can share any of these beautiful pictures with Domestic Violence quotes without any hesitation. You can freely post these Domestic Violence quote images on WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social networking platform. Feel free to check them out and find the most suitable quotes with pictures about Domestic Violence for you. These images with Domestic Violence sayings are not just any normal text or speech, they are the best treasure.
Table of Contents
Beautiful Sayings Images About Domestic Violence
1. “The more that we choose not to talk about domestic violence, the more we shy away from the issue, the more we lose.” – Russell Wilson
2. “Women initiate most domestic violence.” – Dov Charney
3. “At the beginning, I wasn’t aware of some of the stuff that goes on. Now, I have a heightened awareness of domestic violence and how to spot it.” – Danielle Jones
4. “The time when domestic violence is the most lethal is when the person is trying to leave the situation.” – Julie Johnston
5. “Even child abuse specialists do not routinely screen for domestic violence. This shows how much more education we need to do, even among experts, to understand the known links between violence of the child and the parent.” – Jocelyn Brown
6. “Domestic abuse is wrong, but domestic retribution is okay.” – Dov Davidoff
7. “Nobody believes that domestic violence kills and nobody believes it is detrimental to children. This world has got to wake up. To me, if there is domestic violence, if the children see it or hear it, that to me is detrimental. Batterers should not have rights to children.” – Denise Brown
8. “Domestic violence can be so easy for people to ignore, as it often happens without any witnesses and it is sometimes easier not to get involved. Yet, by publicly speaking out against domestic violence, together we can challenge attitudes towards violence in the home and show that domestic violence is a crime and not merely unacceptable.” – Honor Blackman
9. “An abuser isn’t abusive 24/7. They usually demonstrate positive character traits most of the time. That’s what makes the abuse so confusing when it happens, and what makes leaving so much more difficult.” – Miya Yamanouchi
10. “If the numbers we see in domestic violence were applied to terrorism or gang violence, the entire country would be up in arms, and it would be the lead story on the news every night.” – Rep. Mark Green
Inspirational Sayings Images About Domestic Violence
11. “No woman has to be a victim of physical abuse. Women have to feel like they are not alone.” – Salma Hayek
12. “Nearly one in four women will experience domestic violence during her lifetime. And slightly more than half of female victims of domestic violence live in households with children under age 12.” – Lucille Roybal-Allard
13. “There is a subconscious way of taking violence as a way of expression, as a normality, and it has a lot of effects in the youth in the way they absorb education and what they hope to get out of life.” – Salma Hayek
14. “A lot of people think that domestic violence is if someone hits, kicks, or punches you.” – Robin McGraw
15. “From what I’ve been told, the scariest part of being part of a domestic abuse relationship is the idea that you cannot escape and you cannot get help, that feeling of being stuck.” – Kerry Washington
16. “Hairdressers know a lot about the personal lives of their clients. They come in contact on a day-to-day basis with women dealing with domestic violence.” – Gordon Miller
17. “Domestic violence is the front line of the war against women.” – Pearl Cleage
18. “Sexual, racial, gender violence and other forms of discrimination and violence in a culture cannot be eliminated without changing culture.” – Charlotte Bunch
19. “A domestic violence advocate can help you discern your level of risk from your abuser and whether you should get a civil restraining order.” – Caroline Abbott
20. “The main reason they were homeless and in crisis was because of domestic violence.” – Connie Phillips
Aesthetic Sayings Pictures On Domestic Violence
21. “One in three women may suffer from abuse and violence in her lifetime. This is an appalling human rights violation, yet it remains one of the invisible and under-recognized pandemics of our time.” – Nicole Kidman
22. “Domestic violence does not only happen to adults. Forty percent of girls age 14 to 17 report knowing someone their age who has been hit or beaten by a boyfriend, and approximately one in five female high school students reports being physically and/or sexually abused by a dating partner.” – Dianne Feinstein
23. “All violence consists in some people forcing others, under threat of suffering or death, to do what they do not want to do.” – Leo Tolstoy
24. “Victims of domestic violence need assistance and deserve justice, I commend the crime unit’s efforts to put offenders behind bars and reach out to victims.” – Bob Riley
25. “Society has seldom considered the vicarious effects of domestic violence between partners on the lives of children.” – Asa Don Brown
26. “Emotional abuse is any type of abuse that is not physical in nature. It can include everything from verbal abuse to the silent treatment, domination to subtle manipulation.” – Beverly Engel
27. “We’re number one in domestic violence homicides. We also have a high rate of alcohol abuse and drug abuse and there’s a high lethality rate when you get those factors involved, so the shelter has 52 beds, certainly it is never empty.” – Diana Burch
28. “Domestic violence is any behavior involving physical, psychological, emotional, sexual or verbal abuse. It is any form of aggression intended to hurt, damage, or kill an intimate person.” – Asa Don Brown
29. “It’s incredibly dangerous to leave an abuser, because the final step in the domestic violence pattern is: kill her.” – Leslie Morgan Steiner
30. “Long term domestic violence: Being abused in this manner is like being kidnapped and tortured for ransom but you will never have enough to pay off the kidnapper.” – Rebecca J. Burns
Best Sayings Pictures About Domestic Violence
31. “Domestic violence is a criminal matter and needs to stay in criminal court, Too often, judges see charges of domestic violence as a ploy to get custody and send the case to family court.” – Catherine Campbell
32. “Domestic violence is frequently excused when alcohol and other substances are involved.” – Asa Don Brown
33. “I am living in hell from one day to the next. But there is nothing I can do to escape. I don’t know where I would go if I did. I feel utterly powerless, and that feeling is my prision. I entered of my own free will, I locked the door, and I threw away the key.” – Haruki Murakami
34. “Women trapped in violent relationships need to know that there’s no shame in talking out and walking out on their abusive partners.” – Kate Thornton
35. “Domestic violence causes far more pain than the visible marks of bruises and scars. It is devastating to be abused by someone that you love and think loves you in return. It is estimated that approximately 3 million incidents of domestic violence are reported each year in the United States.” – Dianne Feinstein
36. “Women initiate most domestic violence, yet out of a thousand cases of domestic violence, maybe one is involving a man. And this has made a victim of culture out of women.” – Dov Charney
37. “Few people who are hit once by someone they love respond in the way they might to a singular physical assault by a stranger.” – Bell Hooks
38. “Domestic violence causes far more pain than the visible marks of bruises and scars. It is devastating to be abused by someone that you love and think loves you in return.” – Dianne Feinstein
39. “Domestic violence occurs because of social power structures where the roles of men and women are predefined, and domestic violence is how that power is played out.” – Inhe Choi
40. “Where is the political prisoner movement for those women who are imprisoned for retaliating against abusive father, unless, lovers, and others? I think the absence of these types of campaigns speaks volumes about our movement’s gender politics.” – Kai Lumumba Barrow
Motivational Sayings Images On Domestic Violence
41. “We cannot to the police for protection against domestic violence and then rally against them from brutality as if they are two different institutions.” – Anannya Bhattacharjee
42. “If a child is confronted with murder, rape, domestic violence, and other kinds of destructive aggression in daily life, it doesn’t surprise me if that child ‘turns off’ careful looking and listening.” – Fred Rogers
43. “There is now a wider recognition that domestic violence is about perpetrator’s power and control over women and involves not only physical and sexual violence but can include a number of behaviours such as intimidation and threats, isolation and humiliation, behaviour often named as psychological coercion or violence.” – Lynne Harne
44. “Domestic violence can occur in any intimate or familial relationship, irrespective of whether the parties are living together or not, whether they are married or cohabiting or living in three-generational extended families.” – Lynne Harne
45. “Domestic violence is a breach of human rights as well as major public health and clinical problem.” – Louise Howard
46. “Domestic violence and abuse is threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between adults who are relatives, partners or ex-partners. It includes abuse from adult children and from parents of adult children.” – Louise Howard
47. “Domestic violence has been shown to be associated with a range of mental health problems.” – Louise Howard
48. “Domestic violence is not at all unusual. It is a serious and far-reaching social problem.” – Michael P. Johnson
49. “It’s violence from someone you know, someone who claims to love you.” – Rachel Louise Snyder
50. “It is most often hidden from even one’s closest confidantes, and on many occasions the physical violence is far less damaging than the emotional and verbal violence.” – Rachel Louise Snyder
Philosophical Quotes Pictures On Domestic Violence
51. “Domestic violence is a pattern of emotional and/or physical abuse perpetrated by a romantic partner, the term can also include abuse perpetrated by a family member against another family member.” – Stacey Freudenberg PsyD
52. “It is fine to commiserate with a man about his bad experience with a previous partner, but the instant he uses her as an excuse to mistreat you, stop believing anything he tells you about that relationship and instead recognize it as a sign that he has problems with relating to women.” – Lundy Bancroft
53. “Never let a man put his hands on you without your permission.” – Melda Beaty
54. “Domestic abuse is a form of communication fueled by personal insecurities, temperament, economic, educational or lack therein, physical and psychological conditions.” – Asa Don Brown
55. “Domestic violence has often gone unnamed and unblamed in my society. It is the norm for men to teach their wives a lesson, and for the women to bear that beating and teaching with no complaints.” – Fatima Mohammed
56. “The very fact that intimate partner violence is so often addressed in civil court, rather than criminal court, gives insight into how we as a society still view it.” – Rachel Louise Snyder
57. “Leaving an abusive partner is a very difficult thing to do. It frequently feels like you are failing, or destroying your family, or not trying to work things out, or not giving your partner a second chance.” – Blaine Nelson
58. “I realize now I am a survivor. I am a stronger woman for opening my eyes and stepping away from someone who didn’t respect themselves and would never respect me.” – Lori
59. “It is not the bruises on the body that hurt. It is the wounds of the heart and the scars on the mind.” – Aisha Mirza
60. “You are not the darkness you endured. You are the light that refused to surrender.” – John Mark Green
61. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” – Carl Jung
62. “A real man wouldn’t lay a finger on a woman. He treats his partner with respect, love and support. Men are physically stronger and have no place abusing that power. Everyone has problems, and arguments happen, but that’s when a real man uses his intelligence to talk it out.” – Matt Lanter
63. “… you don’t have to wait for someone to treat you bad repeatedly. All it takes is once, and if they get away with it that once, if they know they can treat you like that, then it sets the pattern for the future.” – Jane Green
64. “Please don’t drown into his fears, his concrete fists don´t let him again, break the bridge of your nose with his cruel born hits. Then disappear into that mask of misery.” – Anthony Liccione
Hi there! I Am Shuvo Saha. I am a Musician. I play Bass. Besides that, I love to explore. As in, surf the web, gather knowledge, and share them. Recently, I have discovered that Blogging can be quite a useful way, to share.
Being a thoughtful person, and a social being, I find it very amusing to explore people's thoughts, observations, and experiences. Regardless of time, place, situation, event, or occasion, it is in our human nature, to learn and express. Many of these expressions of life, result in taking the form of wishes, quotes, greetings, messages, and captions.
I, with my lovely Wishian team, gather the expressions, sort them out, organize them with suitable background images, and serve them to you. So that you can share them back, with the whole world.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.